i ripped my BTA's foot now what? :((

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by leighton1245, Mar 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

lol spread the word!!!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

I knew I was getting something mixed up thanks -.- please keep us posted

4. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

I disagree- change nothing- the change will cause stress, think of it like this- you just broke your arm and you have a GF/wife at home to call for help- but there is no answer- why? because at the same time you broke your arm she decided to leave you.

Let sleeping dogs lay where they be- sometimes (more often then not) doing nothing is best, I feel this is the best route.

Anemones know they are hosting clowns, and visa versa- this in turn becomes a valuable relationship- do not change it.

Trust me on this.

5. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Well he is still alive and healthy looking this morning the white stuff that was coming out of the tear is completely covered by the rest of his foot that is attached to the glass still and my nemo's didnt sleep in him last night but very close.

6. Corailline

Mesenterial filaments, part of the internal structure of anemones.

7. leighton1245

is that a good or bad sign? thank you for the correction didnt know what it was called

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

I am sorry if it sounded like a correction.

Not usually a good sign. I would put an image of the anemone up. Test for ammonia twice a day, if you begin to see a value and a rise then I would become more concerned.

I had a friend that mistakenly moved his rockwork, and ripped the anemone foot pretty badly. He ended up with two BTA, but the division of the two resulted in larger pieces that were allowed to heal. Point is, anemones especially BTA's can show amazing regeneration properties. The fact that this anemone is still acclimating is of concern. But checking ammonia levels will give you a heads up to decay before it gets out of hand.

10. leighton1245

I will get a picture when i go home for lunch.

11. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

when an anemone splits it rips its foot, it can definately recover it does it in nature all the time. just keep water quality good.

12. leighton1245

Just added fresh carbon and chemi pure last night and it looks like my BTA might be splitting cause he is seperating from the other half. Will try to post a pic or two but he is in a very bad spot for pictures. Still has a very redish orange foot though.