I need help attaching my coral

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Marie0912, Nov 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marie0912

Marie0912 Fire Shrimp

Hi,
    I bought a green acropora 3 weeks ago I tried to glue it twice and it comes unglue than i try the rubberband wich the first time was to tight and kind of slice the coral and than try the rubberband again this time very loose and did the same thing and retry to glue it and became unglue again, there a lot of current in the tank and everytime it just float away and I have to move rocks to find it.

I don't want to loose it any other way i could make the coral to attach, would a little plastic bowl over it work or those it need water movement?

Help

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Super glue gel or epoxy. Rubber band is not going to work acropora just grow too slow for that. If you have to remove the piece from the water, take a plug or piece of rubble. Dry the rubble a little and use an appropriate amount of glue hold a min or two, put in an area of lower flow initially and then move when stable. Try to handle the acro at little as possible and not to much glue on the base.