i need an estimate!(MH upgrade)

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by Va Reef, May 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

whats the difference between the max 2 and 3, the max 2 is longer at 15" and my tank is 16" would that be better?

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

:) I have a 150W viperclip for sale haha... its a 14,000k, I would go 14,000k or 20,000k.

Honestly For that size tank, and wanting to do halide. I would stick with a 75W over it. I know the 150W was never a heat issue on my 46g.

As for LED's a Single, Par38 bulb at 12000k or 14000k should suffice for most to all corals. Even Nems.

4. gt40425hp

gt40425hp Feather Duster

better reflector design is my only thaught you should see a better spred mounted higher above the tank with the 3 . the biocube dont need sutch direct lighting you would be better off with a lil bit wider spread

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

how much? and thats right, i forgot all about nems ;) but nah dont think i'd try one lol

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

i think i just found the BEST DEAL EVER!!!!! Aquarium Metal Halide

can someone just check to see if its missing anything? its the first one on top

7. stoney waters

stoney waters Fire Shrimp

I really dont think a fan will cut it for cooling, even if so I hope you have all day to pour water into the tank lol. Its gonna take a good size fan to keep that cool, 8g - live rock/live sand, you might have 6g in there. I would just get a par30, they show up really blue in a pic. I do not think they are that blue in person, 14k is prolly good for you(not to white not to blue)

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

i got an ATO, should be fine and ive decided to put it up higher since its only 1" less long then my tank. (tank = 18")