I MAY HAVE KILLED MY CLAM!

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Matt Rogers, May 11, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

2. Click Here!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i believe that the article saxman was speaking of was by ron shimek and basically said that iodine and strontium are not beneficial in a reef or clam tank, actually they are detrimental. something about teh study showing the need for them was incomplete when it was thought they were good, and when the study was complete it was determined they were not. unfortunately for us no one read the finished study, just the incomplete on cause it lets them sell their products.

heres the thread http://www.clamsdirect.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=720&highlight=shimek

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Thanks skip! Welcome and please register as a member, don't cost nothin!

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for the link Skip.
    Not much on Iodine there, but a whole lot on strontium that was interesting.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Why dont u just buy a medium or small sized tank just for him, and put everything a clam would need in it. It would be much better then watching it suffer. I feel bad for the little guy. ;D [smiley=yelrotflmao.gif]

7. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Welcome Rob C. I hope the clam is healthy enough for your suggestion, but if it ha losts its' xoanthalllae and is compromized ntritionally it may be too late.

Feel free to join as a member! There is no cost and there are great discounts offered by our sponsors on livestock and dry goods!

8. Click Here!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG] This is my hermit crab if it even shows up in the picture.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

How do u make pictures show up in replys?

11. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

You have to pick the reply directly below the post - not the quick reply box -..then push the "browse" button , select photo from your computer, then post.... :D

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

@Rob you also need to register with a real email address so you will get your password. I deleted those bum ones. ;)