I knew I should have participated in the stealth recall

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by R33f, Apr 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. R33f

R33f Astrea Snail

Its not shattered, but I got a nasty surprise when I stuck my hand in the sump when doing my weekly water change / maintenance. Ouch! Anyone else get a shock instead if shattering from a stealth heater?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

Definitely not too late to get in on the recall. I had one fail just month or so ago and they are willing to work with you. I was able to just go to my LFS and get a replacement from them.but, marine land returned my calls fairly quickly and seemed willing to replace or send a credit.
    Here's the contact info:

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact United Pet Group at (800) 338-4896 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's website at Marineland - Smart Design. Superior Performance.

And a link to the recall site:
    Aquarium Heaters Recalled by United Pet Group Due to Fire and Laceration Hazards
    Hope that helps.

4. R33f

R33f Astrea Snail

Awesome I figured that the recall the time had passed

5. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

Thank you for the info !!! I had a 300 watt go out last year(didn't throw away) and I have a 250 watt in the sump right now.
    Called these folks and while she was processing the replacement for the 300 watt I looked at the 250 and found it was also a stealth..She said to turn it off..go buy a new one if I needed, and they would refund that...BUT..ALL STEALTH HEATERS ARE RECALLED...So She is shipping me two new heaters a 300 and a 250..fed-ex return label will be emailed...throw the old ones in a box and that's done... and that's great service...and thankfully I had no catastrophic failures.:eek:
    So those that DIDN'T know this...check your heaters.8)

6. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

Right on. Glad y'all could get thigs taken care of, and I could be a bit of assistance. :)

1 person likes this.