I just want to cry.

Discussion in 'Algae' started by brew0688, Apr 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jweesel151

jweesel151 Plankton

I agree I used chemi-clean and the red-slime was dead over nite and i cleaned it all out. Took the bioballs out of my sump(was collecting detritus and causing nitrates and phosphates to build up) and i havn't seen the slightest bit of it since which was 6 months ago. Cutting back on feeding definitely does help my nitrates and phosphates were really high and i started feeding about half as much and about half as often and havn't had a problem since.

Like every1 said just stick with it and learn as much as u can to be able to solve the problems that are presented to you and everything will work out in the end. I too am pretty new to this hobby and if it wasnt for this forum i wuldnt have beautiful thriving corals in my tank thats for sure!!!

2. Click Here!

3. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

Depends on what you're feeding.. If its meaty put it in a net and run warm water over it to defrost it.

If its small like phyto or BS.. I guess just defrost it in a cup and let the food settle to the bottom, spill out as much water as possible.