I Just Added My Second Corals to my Tank

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Diana☮♥☺, Apr 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Diana, how old is your water now?

2. Click Here!

3. Diana☮♥☺

Diana☮♥☺ Astrea Snail

Hi alpha_03!

My tank is going for 2 months.
    I added my previous rock that was submerged in saltwater but was basically base rock.
    I then bought an additional 10 pounds of live rock (fully cured) and let the tank take its course.

I did a water change, added a clean up crew (Cerith Snails, do a great job by the way) and tested my water constantly.

My water parameters have been excellent on a consistent basis and I am taking it slow, adding corals slowly and only adding what I know I can take care of:smart:.

So, my tank is pretty young, but already I am seeing alot of different life on it, such as copepods and amphipods:). I am letting it mature so that 'hidden' life on the rock flourishes and grows. After a certain time (maybe 5 months), I will add my first fish.

Thank you all again for the great comments and support. I sincerely hope that this tank will grow along with me and not be halted in its growth due to unforseen circumstances. But, enough worrying and more living.

Sincerely,
    Diana

4. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

Glad the corals are doing well. How big is your tank?:cheesy: Mine has gotten me many dirty looks. All I want to do is sit and watch my critters...hubby wants me to cook dinner...bedtime...the dogs want to go out....I have become so obcessed that the dogs don't even ask me anymore....they go straight to Daddy.

5. Diana☮♥☺

Diana☮♥☺ Astrea Snail

Hi CODEE111!

My tank is actually not big. It is 26 gallons in total (when I did the calculations, it came out to be around 33 gallons, but once it is filled and decorated, etc., it is about 26 gallons).

I have a dog (2 in total) but it does not really rely on me solely. She goes to whoever feeds her:). She is so adorable.

-Diana

6. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

Hi Diana.

You'll be wanting a bigger tank in no time. My first fish tank was a freshwater and only a 10 gallon. A couple months later, I felt it necessary to buy a bigger tank, then another, and another. Two months ago I did a head count only to discover I had 21 fish tanks ranging from 14 gallons to 250 gallons. Things were getting a little out of hand. I got rid of 6 of my 75 gallon tanks to my coral guy. He has plans on using them for his coral shipments and is supposed to come get 6 more shortly. I gave them to him but has gotten me some great coral at a fraction of the cost.

I have 5 tiny toy Pomeranians. Four of them are females and the other is one happy little male that weighs about 4 pounds. I breed them and the money from one puppy, every litter, is used for corals or fish although I have to admit, my tanks are pretty full at this point. I will be converting the 250 gallon into salt, hopefully, by Christmas.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011