I have added another clown to my tank.....

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by kiarah, Mar 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kiarah

kiarah Coral Banded Shrimp

Hi guys,

I went to my LFS & decided it was time to get my clown a new partner! He/she lost there OH last year when i had a power cut while i was on a week end away came back & tank had crashed.........one clown died & one survived.

It was very sad as he spent most his time rushing around the tank desperatly looking for his OH:cry:

I have read that its very hard to introduce a new clown to a tank once one has been there for along time so was not really looking forward to it but its gone very well so far i think :-/......

They have spent the last 6 hours side by side not leaving each other...where ever the old one go's the new clown follows! They had one major scrap the 1st hour they meat but since then they have been doing this very strange electric shocked movement type dance thing with each other its very bizzar to watch & kinda looks like they are having some sort of fit:eek:....................Is this normal???????

Thanks K

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

congrats on the new partner for the other clown. good to see they like each other. and yes clowns are odd little fish. the dances, undulations and just general goings on between them

4. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone