(I got the silicon out well 99.9%) Throwing in the towel

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by skyvern2130, Jun 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I've never heard about that superstition. I'm always learning something new :) That's the beauty of the hobby and this forum :)

2. Click Here!

3. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Bad luck

Did a google search to see if it was still out there... it is. It's just silly, but I try not to walk under ladders either.

4. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

I'm doing same substrate mix o had. A mix of black sand and argonite rock looked awsome. And this gives me a chance to look at my scape and figure out what I can do better this time. And ik to ge silicone 1

And just found out from my wife the goby in my 29g is out swimming I told her to put carbon in the sump asap and I'm going to put a 5 gallon pico tank together when I get home. Hopefully I can get it cycled quickly and he survives long enoughe to do it also going to do a 50-75% wc on the 29 to try and help the little guy out. I just thought he was dead cause I couldnt get him to come out maybe he will be my lone surviver I'm thinking my friend did offer to house him in his 55 till I get everything back to norm but idk he keeps mainly damsel and don't want to stress him more than he is
    Idk and on top of that he don't do as many wc as he should. Like I said idk don't want to stress the little guy more than he is

5. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Tank is draining my goby is still alive Im going to give it to my friend to put in his bio cube. I have enoughe buckets to save everything even the substrate.
    They will all get a one hour bath in a mix of vin and water then going into my bath tube for a very thorough washing

6. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Update goby is in a qt tank with meds to help him threw. Added vitamin C and such like that. Seems to be happy and swimming. My 72 is drained rock is in bath of vin and water going to pull substrate out in a little bit had to take a brake before I pull it out and start cleaning

7. oldfishkeeper

yay! a whole new you today :) This hobby is just too awesome to give up!

8. Click Here!

9. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Well now the last of rock is rinsed substrate will be pulled tomorrow and put into a bucvket with vin snd water then pulled out by cup full and rinsed in a strainer then I will wipe tank down with a lite mix of vin and water then rinsed and air dried then I will pull sump out yank baffles out and get all the silicone out wipe with vin and water then rinse dry and replace with ge silicone 1 doors window attic I see a good weeks worth of work a head of me but I see it as a new tank build in a way lol

10. oldfishkeeper

it really is like a new tank build.....I'm going to subscribe :)

11. Rhameolution

Rhameolution Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

+1, I see this as a Cinderella story. (I hope I didn't just jinx it!)

12. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Well I got most of the poison silicon out I couldnt get it all out Its the little bit that is attached to the silicon of the tank im think I saved the glass inserts and got them clean I was thinking the 20 can be coated with a rubber sealent after I put the glass back in. This would seal the old silcon in and keep it from leaching out and add more support to the glass although idk oif there is any rubber sealent that is fish safe if anyone can chime in would love it

Or I can ditch the tank use it for liken storage or somthing. And wait till petco has its dollar per gallon sell and get a new one. Idk