I got my corals

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

I only turn the lights out when I add fish to help minimize the stress level. I never turn the lights off when adding corals. This has seemed to work for me. Others may do it a little differently but I havent had any troubles so far.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

some parts, like mainly the very tips but not the entire coral itself, it was in one of their big display tanks, and probably under metal hallides

i know, its crazy i was hoping it wasnt going to be that much.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i might just turn them on tomorrow morning when i get up, but of course the lights wont come on until 12 in the afternoon, im just dying to see what they look like under my lights, they looked really nice at the lfs

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Very nice! I like the bubble coral the best - it's cute! Can't wait to see what they look like after a few days or so.

1 person likes this.
  6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea me too :D it's so nice to see something wave in the flow, the zoas waved in the flow a little bit but it was only off and on because i have my vortech on reef crest mode and they would only move around when there is powerful enough flow blowing on them, but the bubble just sways the entire time, didnt take long for them to open up.

I also didnt realize how slimy the brain and bubble coral are. it felt so weird right after i placed them in i had to wash my hands because it stuck to my fingers, i still have to move them around a bit, dont like how i have them just need to move them over a bit

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I bet that's relaxing, watching the corals sway. Sounds nice!!

I didn't know corals were slimy....haha.

8. Click Here!

9. Saltynub

Saltynub Spaghetti Worm

i like that bubble coral alot i think i might have to get me one.
    very nice.

1 person likes this.
  10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea, just wish i could see them lol i have my room light on other wise i wouldnt be able to see the corals

didnt know they were slimy either

thanks my lfs had quite a few, i got to choose between a darker colored and a lighter colored but i went with the lighter. I could have gotten a bigger bubble that was in the same display tank as my birdsnest and brain but i decided to go with the smaller one, its still a decent size

11. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Nice additions PC... as for the ID on the corals, I want to say that the Open brain is a Trachyphyllia geoffroyi could possibly be a Trachyphyllia radiata though. Hard to tell from the shot.

12. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

$200 does seem a bit steep, but those are definitely not frags by any means. Specially with SPS some extra money can be very worth it for extra big pieces. I shelled out some decent cash for my bigger SPS colonies, and they don't look as big as your birdsnest.