I got a quarantine tank! Quick question

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Ballgame, May 31, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FeedYourMachine

FeedYourMachine Feather Duster

Good post civics..
    I wish i could give just a hint of advice as far as copper treatment goes ,but i never used it..
    No,your not even close to alone ..Unfortunately this is how i bet most of us learn,,the hard way..Thank goodness we have great forums like 3reef and people who been through it to help out and also let you know your not alone.
    The first fallow try for me i was convinced ich was gone from the DT only to start over ..I let it stand a month (30 days) not long enough,so i went to 75 days ,that did it ...Sounds long yes,but in the long term its nothing..That was back in '07,distant memory now..This will be for you too someday ,you can bet on it..

Billme likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

Glad to hear your starting the clock back over because after all this I know you want the ich gone out of your system and not have to go through this again. Then you can just QT everything before hand and hopefully be set. It's not a 110% guarantee cause we can't catch every small thing but I believe prevention is the key. Your definitely not alone and a lot of us have gone through it. Pretty much inevitable in this hobby that you will go through ich or another disease at some point and it can be a steep learning curve. Happy to see you have biological filtration going in there and just be sure to test and make sure the copper does not go beyond 0.5 mg/L. Really once you get the hang of doing water changes and adding the "copper" back in its not so bad. I actually downloaded a free app just to keep track of my 8 weeks for me and then I knew when my 4 weeks of treatment were up and I could start my 4 weeks of removing the copper/observation and be on the home stretch.