i got a jellyfish today

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by hottielover14, Mar 16, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I don't have a clue HL14 if you don't bring it back to your LFS I do believe it will die soon but that is your choice. So do what you want then and don't take everyone's advice to you, Not one person on 3reefs gave you any hope of a positive outcome with this creature!. So just keep it and watch it die. :'(.................. John

2. Click Here!

3. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

come on guys, u guys have no faith in me..give me some positive advice...i'm listening to everything u guys are saying but nothing is positive...i'm trying to stay positive.

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I also give up do what you want I am just going to quit trying [smiley=dizzy2.gif] [smiley=dizzy2.gif] [smiley=dizzy2.gif] [smiley=dizzy2.gif] [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

5. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

ok fletch...do what u want.

6. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=hottielover14 link=board=Inverts;num=1111015346;start=30#41 date=03/18/05 at 19:04:19]come on guys, u guys have no faith in me..give me some positive advice...i'm listening to everything u guys are saying but nothing is positive...i'm trying to stay positive.[/quote]

I am POSITIVE that you cannot keep jellyjish is an aquarium for any length of time

I am POSITIVE that you should return the jellyfish to the LFS

I am POSITIVE that you will ignore the above

POSITIVE enough for you?

Now stop being so silly and juvenile and take onboard the FACT that nobody here has any information to offer you about keeping jellyfish, it's that simple. If you so dearly want to keep the animal, then do so, I don't care, and have no information to offer other than what is already available which have already stated that you have read. So, instead of kicking a dead horse, how about YOU try to keep the thing alive, using all the knowldge that you have aquired and YOU become the subject matter expert! Fair enough?

John

7. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

There has been some very important and positive information that has been given to him about keeping Jellies.

I sent him a link on a keiser like system, good for jellies, and he knows that they are very VERY sensitive to changes in Salinity. My guess that is the reason for the slowed pulsing.

I suggest that if you want to keep a jelly that's fine. Just be ready to make a special low flow tank just for them. And make sure you read up all the boring but important information you can find about them.

Keeping a jellyfish would put you at the most expert level of aquaria. A level at which you currently, do not find yourself, but you can achieve. You simply have to start acting like one.

By the way, what's the status on the jelly?

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

[quote author=hottielover14 link=board=Inverts;num=1111015346;start=0#7 date=03/16/05 at 19:13:15]it get's most of it's food thru photosyhtis but u also can feed it phytoplankton weekly[/quote]

UTTER BS!!!! >:( >:( >:(

I should have stopped reading this stupid thread on the very first post. At least the post I quoted got me to stop there ;) Never again will I read another HTL14 post.