i got a jellyfish today

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by hottielover14, Mar 16, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Well, since you so trust your fish store over all of us here, and over all the info out on the net...why are you asking us?

Don't you have a mandarin dragonet? He is prime food because he may sit right on the jellyfish.

Acclimation (dead issue since you already put it in)
    I would have drip acclimated it for at least 2 hours.

Changing you tank, I believe I said how already. Species tank (only the jelly and some rock), covered inlets, (any sponge filter material they sell at the fish store) low flow.

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

HL14 As I said before You seem to want advice from everyone but you refuse to take it, That is Unless it is what you want to here!!!!! you ask you get an answer and if you don't like what you here you keep asking the same thing in hopes of getting the answer you want to here!! If I were you I would ask your LFS if they will take it back even if they only give you 1/2 of what you paid for it, just so it don't die.
    Please ask your Questions and do your research before purchasing your livestock!!!!!  Don't let your ignorance on how to care for your purchases be the cause of there death
    JMO.............  John

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This reminds me of the Verizon cell phone commercial... "Can you hear me now?"  [smiley=anxious.gif]

5. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Look. Here's the truth. Jellies are the bomb. Combs, upside-downs, along with cuttlefish, and squids.

But you know why nobody has them in their tank? Do you think it's because they're hard to collect?

Nope. They are practically frozen in the water. It's because they aren't any good in standard reef aquarium.

But if you get enfatuated (as you do) with Jellies or other Delicate animals. Advanced Aquariast has an article for you:
    http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/dec2004/lines.htm

That LFS is stupid. That's why he put it in with everything else. My little brother that's 3 years old, knows that jellies are bad and sting the crap out of everything. Can you seriously tell me you haven't see Disney's forever aquatic classic "Finding Nemo"?

That is by far the most important lesson learned in that movie, that and that blue tangs can read and speak whale.

Sooo uh, take the jelly out and put him in a bag and take him back. Give him away if you have to. The worst thing that can happen is not that the Jelly dies is that he kills everything in your tank.

Oh, BTW, if you think jellies don't sting grab him with your hand. ;D

6. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

no david i have seen the movie Finding Nemo, thanks for ur concern but i do know that they sting that's why i have it in a small breeder hanging in my tank.... i just wanna know if that's normal for it to just sit in the breeder and it's bell pulses slowly...is it dying or is it just in shock from being put in my tank from another. Should i try feeding it cyclo-pleeze.

7. hottielover14

there was like some white stuff under him, where he was sitting in the breeder. What is that..

8. Click Here!

9. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

10. hottielover14

why birdlady...but all the websites and info ur telling me i alreay have read about it..but i need to know the stuff i just asked because im worried about it... Maybe i'm not saying the right stuff but i'm worried about him and i need to know ASAP

11. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

BRING IT BACK TO YOUR LFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. hottielover14

i don't want to, i want to keep it alive so i need ur guys help..fletch do u got any ideas on what to do with it..read my previous replies.