I found the cure for water changes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by OverStocked, Aug 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I agree with the opinions on overstocking too. Just got a bit caught up with the WC situation to notice the fish situation.

A tank raised fish is actually wild caught, by the way. It just means "caught as a juvenile, raised to adulthood in a tank". The only fish you likely have that are truly tank bred are clownfish.

2. Click Here!

3. OverStocked

OverStocked Coral Banded Shrimp

Ok guys i was clear from the beginning that im not changing anything. I'm not trying to be a A hole,All i wanted to do is tell other about my findings.

4. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Keep dumping dirty water back in the tank. I'm sure you will do great. Glad we could help. Thanks for the findings.

2 people like this.
  5. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

Overstocked, there's no point in coming to a forum dedicated to helping responsible SW fish keepers and asking for opinions/advice, when you are clearly not doing things in a responsible or conscientious manner from the get go.

6. Nightstick

Nightstick Purple Spiny Lobster

Wow, glad I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this thread! Just when I think I have seen it all, we need a button to compliment karma for some people!

7. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

If you have a calc reactor and good media you can ditch water changes since it replinishes trace elements but then your spending way more than you would if you were just doing water changes

8. Click Here!

9. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

There are quite a few tank bred fish besides clowns, I wouldnt jump to conclusions on that part.

10. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

That's why I said "likely" and not "absolutely".

11. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

I am a bit thrown by the rudeness shown to a young reefer (15yrs)by some in this thread, yes hes wrong , yes he's not willing to except that, but to flame him is not going to educate him.
    Overstocked , You need to understand that for the most part your findings dont stand to show logic as others have pointed out, however I have a SPS dominated tank and dont does trace elements or do regular water changes either,yes I run a CAl reactor and dose Kalkwasser 24/7 with ATO but the key to low No3 is nutrient export. either it via such things as Refugiums , Skimming or mechanical filters we cant get away from the fact that we need to export waste from our tanks.
    (PS wet skimming removes less waste by volume)

1 person likes this.
  12. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Yes by volume, but not by quantity. More than likely wet or dry removes equal amounts of organics. How much water is removed along with it is personal preference.