I found a food source for zoanthids/mushrooms/ricordeas

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by geekdafied, Nov 15, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Ive had this stuff for awhile, its intended for pygmy angels and such. It sinks so I rarily use it. I spinkled some on the water just so happened to be above my zoanthids some of it landed on them and they closed right up with it! When they opened back up, it was gone! So I tried this on all of them and my shrooms and ricordeas. They all ate it right up, my ricordea frags have doubled in size since I did it. I did it 3 days ago.

Oh yeah, I guess you all are wondering what it is, haha....

Marineland Labs Bio-Blend (Marine Food Staple Diet Small) it says it's "Ideal for small angels, clowns & butterflies"

Its tiny 1mm or so pellets.

2. Click Here!

3. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    yeah i have that stuff. it came with a tank that i bought long ago... ive seen my ric's eat it before but never the shrooms. ill have to try it

4. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

Wow that is awesome to know. I will have to look that up as I have quite a few rics.

5. scott4506

scott4506 Plankton

I have used that stuff to feed button polyps, yellow polyps, blasto, and a lot of different softies. They really like it.