Urgent I don't know what to do!!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by billyboy2, Feb 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billyboy2

billyboy2 Coral Banded Shrimp

no i had not been letting it aerate for 12 hrs, i was just adding saltmix bringing it to the correct temp and while this is going on i have an airstone sitting in my mix bucket. when the temp and salinity were right i dump it in then putting the airstone back in my QT, i'm going to buy another pump as i have a large fizz plate but the pump it too small for that one.

2. Click Here!

3. Dairy

Dairy Astrea Snail

Could be marine velvet but looking at your pics I had the same thing two years ago and it was marine Ich, I found a product online called Ruby Reef Kick-Ich and it's safe for all fish, corals and invertebrates, it worked wonderfully and I only lost the first fish. It's worth looking into. Good luck!

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

Did you cycle the filter? You need to keep the sponge of a hospital tank in your sump so that when start the hospital tank there is natural bacteria to keep it from cycling when you start it back up

With the hospital tank that I had, I had a powerhead with a big ole sponge on it. I placed the sponge in my sump for 3 weeks before starting the hospital tank up. Might need to sacrifice a piece of live rock from your DT to place in there right now.

You will need to do frequent water chages...and add Prime

5. billyboy2

i thought prime is only good if you have a active carbon filter which i removed for the copper treatment

6. billyboy2

i took the bio-max media out of my aquaclear70 that ran my DT and stuffed it into the aquaclear 30 thats on the QT. Also i have read the instructions on the coppersafe and it says if used as directed i will have a 1.5-2.0ppm of copper. i bought a test kit to verify where i am and it's like .25-.50??? i've been dosing the correct amount as it says in the directions. should i up the dosage a bit ?? im just worried it's not at a high enough level to be effected. And one last question......do i need to keep my fish in the copper treatment for a month? or should i just have them in QT for a month to let my DT clear out? just want to make sure i do it all right. they have been in the QT with copper for 4 days now (today's the 4th)