I don't get it...

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by TheDuck, Jun 7, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

LOL find another store... Rob is blowing smoke I'd love to no where he read this info ?? These fish spend hours in a pressurized bag of little water and pure Oxygen ..
    I have seen this theory appear several times in the past few yrs but it's all Bull. I ran flush buckets for yrs and both where 5 gallon flushers and they blew many bubbles right over a carpet anemone and the clowns all in it.. Never any irritated gills in in fish .
    Plus I run a oxygen reactor now and always have never a problem and air stones in a sump .. I'd ask if anyone ever looked at the outlet of the pipe from overflow to the sump.. I have tons of bubbles there..
    y

2. Click Here!

3. TheDuck

TheDuck Fire Worm

The coral Beauty did have some fin mass loss. Kinda looked like something was eating them off.

But, like I said...one thing at a time and we'll get it taken care of.

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:thumbs_up Good luck and let us know what you come up with!

5. TheDuck

TheDuck Fire Worm

Ok.... here's the update.

I had one of the LFS gurus come over and have a look at my tank (free of charge!). Apparently, my live rock is dead (copper treatment) and I have removed the impeller from the LED light/Aerator so there's no micro bubbles in the tank.

Water is fine and both the Yellow Tail and Blenny are doing really well. It was recommended that we get at least 10 pounds of new live rock and with a month or two before adding any other fish.

Oh, and Inky, Blinky, and Clyde (my hermit crabs) say, "Hi!!"

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Well if you where sold 10lbs of L/R the service was not for free .. had the rock you have now i the tank ever been exposed to strong copper treatment ? And how long had it been in the tank ? Besides copper in very strong doese will only harm the animals livers .. Do you test for ammonia ?

7. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

Sorry for your loss

HI,
    I would guess its parasites that may be in your system they have life cycles too, I have had numerous problems with saltwater ick and other nasties, once its in your system,it never leaves.
    I asked my LPS why they don't have high morbidity in the store , he says I quote ((there's copper in the water)) . SO they are treating 365 day a year to prevent any disease ina fish only system, Most likely cause they get them animals that are already a sick and the stress of shipping and the tanks are already been contaminated, so he maintains a little of the meds in his display tanks. you may need to go fish only and try this, It could be that clowns disease and it goes for the gills of many fish most that you have alreaedy listed as DOA> He keeps crabs and snails in a invert system no fish very evil....
    Doug
    The pet store uses, Seachem Cupramine 100 mL thsi will kill crabs and some snails and some of the sensative fish it also kills parasites that attack gills...

8. Click Here!

9. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

You have got a load of ammonia in your tank! Get a better test kit.

That Cu you are putting in your tank is killing all the life in your LR (which you say you have in sig block) - bet "Inky, Blinky & Clyde" are gonners also.

I think you have a big problem on your hands, if you are planning on keeping a Reef Tank.

FWIW

:worried:

10. loosecannon

loosecannon Plankton

good test kits.

I have a coral beauty . He swims in the power head, all day . And he loves the bubbles. How long did you have this fish, be for it died. The best things for fish are good food good water. be for you add anything, test that you need it first!:confused:

11. TheDuck

TheDuck Fire Worm

omard.... ammonia tests at 0. Nitrates-0 Nitrites-0 Copper-.02 or less SG-1.022 Everything tests fine.

I'm not worried about spending money on live rock. There's only two little pieces in there now (but it's dead from previous copper treatment).

Loosecannon-- We had the Coral Beauty for about a 2 weeks before he got sick. The Clown lasted a week.

The hermits are all fine and very active.