i caught the ich reef and fish 55gal

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by rdevault0121, Mar 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rdevault0121

rdevault0121 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

i purchased a lion fish and a octopuss from my lfs and 4 days later the lion fish exploded with ich and died within a day my octopuss also died why i dont know more than likely the stress it took out my tomato clown and gave ich to my 2 tangs and mandarian goby now my bubble gum coral and hammer coaral are dying i believe my first diaster is in the progress all i am doing is regular feeding but with garlic soaked mysis shrimp they are still eating well this is day two i will have pics in the morning
    any suggestions will help my mini ocean and fishies and me as well
    thanks my readings are as normal i have a 30 gal i have setup for the fish but i need to wait until tomorrow to check the levels cause i have to work tonight the 30 gal will be used to dose the fish i am going to try and sticking with a regular water change and garlic soaked feed befor i take further steps

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

looks like your way over stocked for a 55g.. what are your water parms? nitrates,nitrites,amon,phosphates, calcium etc.. I would QT your sick fish if possible.. and once we know your parms, probly need to do some water changes but nothing to big because of the addtl stress.

lion fish, octopuss, 2 tangs, eel, etc is alot for 55g. your nitrates.nitrites,amon. are probly high.