I bought a ball python....

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by greebs, Nov 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Katie Grant

Katie Grant Aiptasia Anemone

i do i do!!!!

i used to go on it alll the time. let me find it for you

2. Click Here!

3. Katie Grant

oo I ment, I know of one haha

4. Katie Grant

5. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

Nice looking snake. I had a Boa for about 12 years before she died. Snakes are great pets. Only eat every couple of weeks, do not mind loud noises, and are very happy to just wrap around you and hang out. As with any pet they need time for playing ect. I used to take "Razor" almost everywhere with me. Parties, grocery shopping, she loved riding in the car. Not on the steering wheel though. She like to hang out on the rear view mirror. Got pulled over by a cop one night and when Razor popped her head out the window....well lets say I saw more humor in it then the cop did.

She was a great pet and for the most part very freindly. She was about 8 feet long when she died. still loved to be stroked on her back.

Good luck with your new freind and some of the earlier posts had great advise to follow. 1) do not feed in the same tank it lives. 2) Handle reguraly and if possible many different handlers. On a different note I did not like anything for bedding other then indoor outdoor carpeting. It was easy to clean and when Razor struck at prey and missed she did not have a mouthfull of "crap" to clean out. Good luck.

6. Katie Grant

I used to have the indoor/outdoor carpeting, works good, but doesnt give them the opertunity to burrow.

Mine sometimes gets a mouthfull but she just spits it out, and trys again;D

7. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

i have a 4 1/2 foot male ball python i love him he eats a med rat every week i have him in a 100 gallon tank and he love all of the space. by the way what kind of heating source do u use. and if u dont handle ur snake he will get mean and bite. o and katie ur king is beautiful how long have u had him for.

8. Click Here!

9. Katie Grant

Thanks! ;D Ive had him for about half a year? A friend gave him to me, because his original owner wanted to make a wallet outta her :(. Thats not right at all, shes a sweetie.

1 person likes this.
  10. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

congrats on the addition..... my 6yr old and I have a Bearded Dragon...... We both love her so much... she's about 19 inches long now and about 5 inches wide.... she eats like a hog.... 60 large crickets 3 times a week with a plate of kale and carrots in between.....

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Wait...you're saything that monster eats 180 large crickets a week??? HOLY CRAP! :lol: I thought my gecko was a fatty for going through 7-10 three times a week. Boy was I wrong.

12. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Hey since this is about cricket eating lizards and Sneaky slithering critter's ..... Heres a link the wife i use to buy worms for our birds and may help you all out...

Link: New York Worms-Your Live Feeder Superstore

Best of Luck..