I bleached all my Acros **Conclusion**

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Dyonopses1, Dec 30, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. petet1234

petet1234 Plankton

That's horrible I hope kent does the right thing.

2. Click Here!

3. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

Any updates on this? you should contact BBB about this if no one does not come forward with anything and does not refund you any losses. MD may have missed a batch of the recall ? (lazy co-workers?). Or kent missed a batch and shipped that bad batch out anyway.

4. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

Photos sent. I am going to await further instructions from Marine Depot before trying to contact Central Aquatics again.

5. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

Kent Reef Carbon Recall

Hi Dyonopses1,

Thank you very much for sending us images revealing the lot number. We provided them to Central Aquatics this morning. They asked us if we would be comfortable with them reaching out to you directly for resolution. We stated we would. They will likely contact you today via email at the same email address you used to send us the photos. We've asked that they update us once they've spoken with you so we can tie things up on our end.

6. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

Thank you Marine Depot.

7. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

Resolution Reached

Hi, Dyonopses1. Central Aquatics contacted us today to let us know that a resolution was reached with you so we just wanted to follow up to make sure that you were taken care of.

8. Click Here!

9. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

Hi Marine Depot (Jeff),

Central Aquatic (Kent) and I finalized an agreement today. I am going to get reimburse for the coral colonies that died; but only the ones I have receipts for. So let that be a lesson to everyone to save your receipts. I never dreamed I would need a receipt for a coral I purchased almost 4 years ago but live and learn. Marine Depot has also refunded me for the cost of the carbon.
    I think some people may have misunderstood what I meant in earlier posts. I never intended to blame MD for the sale/manufacture of this product to me. My beef was being told on the phone that MD provided my contact info to Kent they and expected them (Kent) to contact me. I did and still do expect a little bit more from my retailer. And if you read the MD posts carefully you will see that they agree with me (at least partially).
    After gathering more information, it appears that this is not exactly what occurred. The container sold to me slipped through the cracks I guess and should have never been in their warehouse when my order was shipped on 5/11. I'm sure Jeff can speak more specifically to this issue. All of this Kent specific product should have been destroyed by this point in time. Hopefully i am the only one with a contaminated lot number still out there.
    I have to admit that I was emotional when this first occurred to my corals (who wouldn't be). I also have to admit that the reaction I got on the phone from MD and the reaction I got from MD on these forums was not the same thing. Perhaps if they were the same this post would have a lot fewer reviews and replies. I did learn just how valuable 3reef and the people on these forums are to me. Information and exposure can cause change :)
    If I offended anyone with my #&#@ language then I apologize. Peace out. Thanks to Marine Depot and Central Aquatics for helping me put this "White Christmas" behind me. I will be looking at the 3reef sponsor websites here to purchase myself some more Acros ;D

10. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Good to hear this chapter is over! Hate hearing or experiencing horror stories like this. Especially when it's caused by a faulty product.

11. jerry26

jerry26 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Lawl. I cant believe all the people in here saying MD had no responsibility in this. They bought a product they believed to be good and sold it. When kent notified them of the recall MD should have notified THEIR customers, not kent. They are MD's customers, not kents. MD should have assumed the responsibility of notifying its customers with direct contact information to kent, not hand a list to kent and wash their hands of it. MD should not be held liable for damages, but it was THEIR responsibility to notify THEIR customers. i love how MD got on here and said they should have done this.