I bleached all my Acros **Conclusion**

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Dyonopses1, Dec 30, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

So I talked to a manager at Marine Depot this morning. He admitted to knowing about the recall and even the fact that I had one of these products. He said that they gave the list of customers to Kent and left it up to them to contact me. What a bunch of B*** S*** !! Terrible customer service. He said he would refund my 10 bucks for the carbon but the rest was up to Kent. Obviously I am never going to order from them again and I suggest all of you do the same. I was a good customer for them too, spending almost $1000.00 there over the last 12 months. I will have to see what Kent says after the holidays are over.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I am sorry to hear about your losses.

Marine Depot did all that was required of them which is notifying the manufacturer and providing your name to them. After that the rest is up to Kent.

4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

So sorry to hear about your losses. I feel terrible for you. It seems to me this is really Kent's problem and fault. Though I do think Marine Depot should have sent an email to all customers who had purchased this item from them. I know I call every customer in my database that has bought a car from me that has a recall. I never just leave it up to Toyota/Hyundai, etc.

5. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Yeah, for sure, it's too bad someone didn't notify you. When a product is know to be toxic, potentially causing hundreds or even thousands of dollars in losses, they should do everything they can to inform you IMO. You may want to pick up some SeaChem Cuprisorb by the way to help remove the contamination.

6. proreefer

proreefer Feather Star

if they knew who bought the carbon and give there name to kent then why would they not try to contact there customer to warn them, i don't understand that:confused:

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I would hope a company would do that also.

8. Click Here!

9. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

I don't know why but I was pretty shocked when the supervisor from Marine Depot stated they left all those responsibilities up to Kent. :confused::eek::angry::cry:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  10. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

WOW, that's a shocker.....--------If Marine Depot knows the product is recalled, and has now publicly stated it, why in the hell aren't they pulling it from their shelves and sending every contaminated item back????? If it were a damn can of green beans with suspected salmonella they would yank every product associated with that brand from that factory line and destroy it. If Marine Depot is knowingly selling a product that can destroy thousands of dollars worth of property, I would hold them personally responsible for ALL of my losses. They can settle it with Kent on their Own dollar. You were the customer of Marine Depot, not Kent.

11. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Had a credit card issue today, it took me 4 calls and I talked to 4 different people before someone was able to assist me in achieving the desired outcome. Moral of the story is that just because one person from MarineDepot tells you something does not mean that they know the entire story or how to proceed.

MarineDepot is a sponsor here, it it were me I would send them a diplomatic private message as my next step.

These types of situations seldom if ever get resolved by a vendor within 24 hours or as fast as we as customers would like.

12. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

They pulled the product from their stock when they found out about the recall. They just didn't bother to notify the customers they had already sold too.