Unresolved i am so freakin retarded

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by booge1969, Jan 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. booge1969

booge1969 Flamingo Tongue

so i was doing a water change on my nano and i started adding water back to the tank not really paying attention. my girl tells me hey the water looks blurry. omg i was putting in fresh:eek:. i only put in about 1/4 of a gallon before i realized it but it was enough. that little mishap lowered my gravity by two full degrees. from 1.024 to 1.022. that made my corals very unhappy. everything kind of closed up. i managed to slowly bring my gravity up to 1.023 and decided to stop there. the xenias, star polps, tooth coral, zoas, mushrooms all seem to be hanging in there but my sun coral is giving off some slim. thanks in advance for advice or words of encouragement. :-/

2. Click Here!

3. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

dont worry good thing your daughter pointed out that daddy wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed ;D Just playin :)

I wouldnt worry bout it too much. not a drastic change. just raise your salinity next water change or let some of your water evaporate and top off with saltwater... All will be fine. :)

4. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

I agree. They probably just closed up because of the sudden amount of freshwater being poured on them. They should bounce back.

5. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

yeah you should be fine, corals are very resilent. I have seen some that looked like absolute death, like "throw in the trash it's dead" and they came back to vibrant life within days, just give them time.

6. dreiling

dreiling Fire Shrimp

they should be fine, good luck

7. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

you could mix a higher salinity mix of say a half gallon and put it in there to balance it back to what it was? i dunno how well that'd work, but im sure they can bounce back on their own from a 2 point salinity shift.

8. Click Here!

9. dreiling

dreiling Fire Shrimp

there r a ton of things you could do, its not rocket science

10. booge1969

booge1969 Flamingo Tongue

thanks yall i did manage to bring my salt back up 1 point to 1.023 by changing another half gallon with high salt content. i think i will do another gallon tonight. didn't want to stress them too much by doing anymore last night. thanks for the encourgement.