Hydrogen fuel cell car! HAHA!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Ryland, May 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Well the key here is heat, this is what causes the gasoline mixture to ignite and create power (there by motion) it seems that your present set up is nearly water vapor injection, correct me if I am wrong- a gas, but still vapor? So the best way is to create more heat, this allows for conbustion, but at what rate- I do not know. Since Hydrogen already contains O2, I do not know how this relates to the 14.7.1 typical fuel ratio that gasoline engines are designed around. I wish I could help more, if you ask for specfics- I might be able to help, But my knowledge is limited to that which I know. BTW, typically 70 percent efficentcy- well done.

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

I cant tell you the answer to your question with full knowlege I am correct. All this system consists of is some stainless steel plates with current running through them. The plates are submerged in distilled water. The electricity causes the distilled water to bubble like crazy. The bubbles are where I am getting my hydrogen. Does that help? And what you are saying is we only burn 70 percent of the gasonline entering our engines correct? Imagine if I could add hydrogen (safely) to the fuel line and create a reaction that would cause nearlly all of the gasoline to combust? It would be an instant 30 percent fuel efficiency increase. I am gettin out the blue prints as we speak!

4. alpha_03

LOL, U and every other designer on planet earth. :)

But seriously, sea water creates 12% more O2 then FW H2O when heated to x- did you know this? Ask why this is- then consider how this experment was conducted, use the science we already have to your benifit- do not discount that which has already been done- but consider it as secondary to what you already know- simply becuase you know it.

So if we consider Presure from your set up, we need to first understand atmospheric pressure- it's different every where, so you'll need to start at your pressure-obviously. This you need to write down every time- it chages every where- every day- and it will make a huge difference in the end- this is part of your controll factor.

5. ghut300zx

ghut300zx Skunk Shrimp

until the 80's when they invented the smog pump

6. ghut300zx

ghut300zx Skunk Shrimp

well what im saying is the engine is sucking in wayyyy more air then hydrogen so you need positive pressure instead of a vacuum to get real effect

7. alpha_03

yes but atmosphere deterimines this first. control's first. know where you are- never blind.- ability to reproduce.

8. Click Here!

9. ghut300zx

ghut300zx Skunk Shrimp

? lol theres always a vacuum in the intake unless your running a turbo or somthing of that nature

10. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I dunno where either of you are going with this, but any hydrogen coming out of that unit is going to be sucked into the engine by said vacuum - regardless as to whether the quantity is enough to seriously help fuel efficiency.

11. ghut300zx

ghut300zx Skunk Shrimp

^^^ agreed im saying forced hydrogen would kick ass

12. Hydronaut

Hydronaut Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

For those who are interested, here is a professional evaluation of the DIY HHO Hydrogen Electrolyzer Mod conducted by the senior automotive editor of Popular Mechanics, Mike Allen.

He essentially comes to the same conclusion I did earlier in this thread, however he goes on to install and test one of the systems.

From the article:

And from a second article here:

My conclusion stands that you are simply running a lean mixture and are now producing significantly increased emissions in the process.

Last edited: May 6, 2011