Hydrogen fuel cell car! HAHA!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Ryland, May 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

I never expected to make believers out of anybody. Check out youtube there are tons of videos on this very setup. I guess iif Alpha wants to claim I am the only person out here drinking the koolaide then that is up to him.

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Yes sir I am fully aware of the implications I am tampering with. Hydrogen is after all highly explosive and we have yet to have a real way of storing it efficiently. However, I am only adding hydrogen to the oxygen entering the combustion chamber. Simple phsyics say the reaction created cannot hurt but only improve. I will not claim to have 90 percent fuel efficiency increases like some people on the net but I will tell you I have seen 20 mpg added on good days.

4. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

The picture I took of the inside of the vehicle is the switch I can use to turn the system on and off. That is an amp meter on the system mounted next to the switch.

5. ghut300zx

ghut300zx Skunk Shrimp

you can buy LPG at any gas station and hundred of thousands of industrial equipment vehicles run on it on a daily basis....

6. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

yes you posted on my thread! sadly closed, mostly my fault sorry guys

7. ghut300zx

ghut300zx Skunk Shrimp

how much psi does that put out?

8. Click Here!

9. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

True but again hydrogen is something we can create on our own.

10. ghut300zx

ghut300zx Skunk Shrimp

what is this thread about anyways? lol alternative energy or efficiency?

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

It's not a matter of availability. It's a matter of creation. We can run electricity through water and get hydrogen, in a fairly simple process. There is no simple process by which we can turn energy of any sort into LPG, and any attempts to do so need a convoluted set of circumstances to work at all, which creates massive efficiency issues.

12. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

No doubt- on a cool day I am sure. However- you have no increase in power, actually a reduction- but with a given amount of drivability- if it goes great right?

This really isn't the goal, the goal is pure Hydrogen, your using a fuel source as a "b" catalyst, which really is not the real deal. I understand what your trying to do, and I applaud the effort- it's more then I have done in retro spect. But have you considered direct injection? Obviously you will need more pressure, and a heat source, but, and it's a big but, can you do such safely? See this is the problem- safety- can you imagine an accident on the freeway with hydrogen as the mixture?