Hydrogen fuel cell car! HAHA!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Ryland, May 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

True we could all have one of those neat lighting balls in our car and hair standing on end lol. What applications other then lasers, tv's and cutting torches do we use plasma in now just curious?

2. Click Here!

3. leighton1245

Sorry I should have made my post more clear It take a whole lot of energy more then 12v to cause this reaction especially enough of the hydrogen atoms from the oxygen molecules cause you can split two atoms or we would be talking a whole different reaction :p, so it takes lots of energy and as of now its fairly pricey so short of spend a truck load of cash on a real fuel cell im sure the internet fuel cell are just a waste.

4. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

LOL, no- seriously- heat transference, just like a plasma torch only much much bigger.

Ok, I will show you how easy plasma is to create, but first I take no responsilbility for any thing you do wrong in the following experiment. if you choose to do this it's on you. Remember, plasma is the first state of matter.

Materials needed:

Microwave the higher the power the better.
    Tooth pick
    Pop bottle caps made of plastic 3 of them
    A piece of cork, grape ect- an energy source.
    A glass- drinking type, preferably rounded at it's base. The thicker the better- do not use a wine glass they are to fragile.

Better yet here is a link, YouTube - How to make plasma energy

Be careful- this can be dangerous.

5. leighton1245

Now that was awesome i do have a spare microwave hmmmm lol

6. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

It isn't an issue now. We have enough off peak capacity to power cars for transportation if we had good enough batteries to make it viable. That means we have an abundance of off peak power available for hydrogen production... what we don't have is an abundance of off peak solar and wind power.

7. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Sorry, didn't reread the last 5 pages. I was puzzled why you brought up electrolysis if it is a negative energy process.

8. Click Here!

9. alpha_03

Exactly, so.....plasma- seriously. We use the plasma to create heat, then steam, then motion, then electrical power- clean, renewable and nearly free.

10. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Seriously man, what the heck? You're basically saying we have enough off peak power to charge up batteries, but not enough to produce hydrogen? Barring startup costs, the energy density of stored hydrogen is going to be far greater than any battery we can now produce. Saying we don't have the capacity to create hydrogen, but we do have the capacity to charge boatloads of batteries, is just nonsense.

Charging a battery is a negative energy process. You're never going to get out 100% of the energy you put in to any method of storing energy. We don't even get out 100% of the energy that was put into the creation of crude oil; it just so happens that we didn't need to do so ourselves, as it was done quite a long time ago, so we can use it now without calling it a "loss". There is no such thing as perfectly efficient.

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

So, where do you get the plasma? You need to put energy in to get it out. That video is pulling energy from the carbohydrates that the grape plant made from the light it received while it was alive.

12. alpha_03

Think of all the waste we could turn into energy via plasma conversion- then get back to me on this. You already know where plasma comes from- I have told you this already- it is the first state of matter- there fore it exists every where. It is virtually endless. What you get out is determined by what you put into it- plasma doesn't care- it is benign of organized energy traits- it simply takes matter and converts it into free energy. As for power, 1200 watts will net you 2800f, in a basically uncontrolled environment- consider this.

Last edited: May 9, 2011