Hydrogen fuel cell car! HAHA!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Ryland, May 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

I see the last forum was closed. I think there were too many people on there gettin a little nasty. Gabba I have to admit I love your skepticism. For you and you alone I will be posting pictures of the system. Fuel cell is just slightly larger than a coffee can. INJECTING the hydrogen is not a problem. Hydrogen is lighter than air after all, however, I add an extra ingredient to the distilled water to cause it to bubble. (Not soap) and then the bubbles are sucked into the air intake. Have you tried creating your own hydrogen yet? Place a stainless steel plate in a pot of distilled water with a little dish soap. Run 12 volts through the plate. The bubbles created are hydrogen gas and highly explosive. My concept is the same thing people are marketing and selling on the internet. It works. The plugs are a temporary inconvienance and while I admire your enthusiasm, I find you are incorrect. You claim my h20 is entering the chamber or I am running the car too lean which is why I am seeing the better gas mpg. However, I have too much fuel entering the system as the hydrogen has replaced most of the fuel. This car does exist and it does work. Try google. You will see there are lots of garage junkies out there working on these things. Will be posting my pictures hopefully by tommorrow. I havent claimed to reinvent the wheel....only to have made it more efficent. ;)

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I've heard of these before. I thought Ford had a concept out for an suv that ran on H cells? That was a few years back when people were just talking about it. It didn't seem to get far as far as publicity/marketing.

Lets see your design.

4. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Will do. I will be posting pics by tomorrow. BTW for all the nay sayers out there go to youtube and look up hydrogen fuel cell cars. Tons of videos on this. And all of them rage about improved mpg.
    ;D

5. Seano Hermano

I like the idea. It's pretty ingenious.

6. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

I'll be following along... ;)

7. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

8. Click Here!

9. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Thank you but I will not and cannot take credit for this. People have been making these in their garages for years. They do work and they are just now starting to make an impact in the industry. There are several small fly by night companies selling hydrogen fuel cells for cars. Some claim to improve mpg by 90 percent. I cant claim that. But it does improve mpg. I gained 20 mpg. The major inconvienance is that hydrogen cannot be stored in a tank. This is the major stepping stone we face in this market. If somebody ever comes up with a way to efficiently store hydrogen in a small tank that can power a car....well you will be a millionaire.

10. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

What you are describing is in no way a fuel cell. What this is is fuel enrichment. This is occasionally done with turbo disel engines where propane is injected to increase low end torque.also, I don't understand how the "bubbles" are injected to replce oxygen. We really need pics...

11. ghut300zx

ghut300zx Skunk Shrimp

^^^ another popular variation of that is methanol injection

12. Seano Hermano

I forgot about that...so how do we store hydrogen cells for use as fuel?