Hydor Smartwave

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Dangerous10k, Sep 9, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dangerous10k

Dangerous10k Plankton

Is anyone using this wavemaker? I've been using mode 1 but I'm curious to see what is more natural or pros and cons of mode 1 vs 2

2. Click Here!

3. Dangerous10k

Dangerous10k Plankton

Btw I have a 100 gallon (60" x 18" x 20")with 4 1050 gph koralias 2 on each plug. Mixed reef but will mainly be lps

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Depends on what you're trying to get. I used mine for a while (unplugged due to koralia nano's not being built for constant starting/stopping). I liked the visual effect of mode 2 on lps/softies, and mode 1 for sps. Its hard to say which is more natural, because both types of flow occur naturally, (turbulent then resting and constant back/fort flow). Due to the more delicate nature of LPS (as opposed to SPS) I would run mode 2.

Do your power heads click or start in reverse? I've been kicking myself since week 2 for spending $70 when I should've just saved for an mp10.\

Welcome to 3reef by the way :)

5. Dangerous10k

Dangerous10k Plankton

They do sometimes,but haven't had them start in reverse. Thank you. Ive switched to mode 2 what did you have your times setting at? I've been running 7min

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I ran them at 5-10 seconds. 7 minutes of movement followed by 7 minutes of calmness seems unnatural to me.