Hydor Koralia Aquarium Circulation Pumps

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by omard, May 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. valcon69

valcon69 Plankton

K-4's

i bought a couple #4's for my 80gal and i am very happy with them. i have had them a couple months and never have to clean them...,their covered in coraline.;)

2. Click Here!

3. Seppish

Seppish Fire Worm

I have 2 k-4's in my 72G I love them! Get 2 4's, the flow at first is really poowerful, but over time (about a month or so) they break in and give powerful, yet gentle flow.

4. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

I have 2 #2's and they are great. plenty of flow and I have more flexabilaty to control the flow directions.

5. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

I'm also a big fan.
    I just put in 2 #4's in the front of the 180gal and have 2 modded mj1200's in the back which are more directional to keep flow in the back.

6. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

i have two, and i love them. i have been running one of them for 3-4 months and the only reason i had to clean it was my algae problem.
    go with the #4

7. cruzincaril

cruzincaril Plankton

hi people i hope u can help me..i just set up a 125 gal saltwater with two emperor 400 and a 125 coralife super skimmer..i was told if i didnt have a sump setup my fish (i have three and a blennie plus snails and crabs) and coral ( i have mushrooms rite now )that i get will not make it..is this true? rite now im looking for circulation..either in the way of the koralias or powerheads ...can someone tell me what i shud do and what sizes? i have no clue..someone said two of the koralia number ones would be enuf..but it doesnt sound rite..i really need to decide pretty quick on this issue

8. Click Here!

9. nunch

nunch Aiptasia Anemone

no you don't have to have a sump, my brother has almost the same setup he's got a 110gal w/ 2 emoror 400's and same coralife 125 skimmer, but he has 2 koralia #3's and a lil Rio don't know which one and his tank's been doing just fine. just keep an eye on water params and it will let you know if somethings not right.

10. nunch

nunch Aiptasia Anemone

also how much LR do you have? my bro has around 130lbs, which helps alot.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  11. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

Got 2 #3s and 2#4s. Seem very reliable. I dont think the 4s push harder or further than the 3s. The impeller on the 4s is just bigger so that gives more flow volume. I have a 90 gal and like the 4s. All I ever have to do is clean the impellers every 2-3 mos.

Jason: Those MJ mods are wild! Yea they will give you some flow!

12. cruzincaril

cruzincaril Plankton

so your brother has two #3 and a rio? where does he have these placed? i dont really know how much rock i have its enuf to go about the length of the tank about 72 inches and about half way up..do i need more? some of those pieces i got with the tank are a good size and pretty heavy..i used mine to fill in the spaces..that was a depressing post i recieved from that person..that my tank will fail and all will die off with out a sump..yikes...thanks for help