Huskys Innovative Marine Nuvo 38

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Huskysibe, Jun 17, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ludecrasher

Ludecrasher Plankton

Nice start! Got a 38 also that I just started. Will tag along and check out your progress.

2. Click Here!

3. mightyrae

mightyrae Spaghetti Worm

I am curious. Are you adding more flow, skimmer, IM's reactors? Also are you doing sps,lps, or mixed. I am curious about the light for these tanks as well. I hope it all works out!

4. Huskysibe

Huskysibe Astrea Snail

My LFS said the skyye light I have is good for soft corals so thats what I am going with for now. I have IM's skimmer on there now and after 3 days of adjustments its working fine. The included pump puts out almost 500gph and is dead quiet so I will stay with that for a while. I am also working with my LFS about replacing the media in the included baskets and adding an IM reactor with bio pellets. Trying to sort out what the pellets will do for me and what should go in the media baskets. When we get it all worked out I will post what we came up with.

5. Huskysibe

Huskysibe Astrea Snail

Update:
    Added the Innovative Marine Midsize reactor yesterday with Bio Pellets, also added the cuc. Here is what we came up with for the baskets. Coarse filter, Chemipure elite, and filter floss. I know most folks are running chemipure and purigen but I have the reactor with bio pellets and its the same type filtration. Water is nice and clear and the cuc are happily eating the cyano algae that developed during the cycle. Next come the corals!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Huskysibe

Huskysibe Astrea Snail

Well, the cleanup crew did a fine job and I bought my first real thing, I got a Green Bubble tip Anemone. Placed him where I thought he might be happy and off he went LOL currently he is hanging on the side of the piece of the live rock I placed him on. I guess he is climbing down to find a different rock, hopefully he will settle in a spot in a few days so I can add a few more things. This is starting to get expensive LOL

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Treat your anemone with tender loving care. As much as you may want to touch and move him, just let him settle in on his own. Your tank is very young for an anemone.

8. Click Here!

9. Huskysibe

Huskysibe Astrea Snail

I thought it was too young for one also but my LFS assured me I was good to go. He has been on this journey with me and I trust him 100%. He even steered me away from things that he sells and told me where to get them cheaper or an alternate way of doing something that's cheaper. He really is a great guy.

10. Huskysibe

Huskysibe Astrea Snail

Today he is totally under the rock I set him on, I assume he is climbing down to find a new rock, will they walk along the substrate to a different piece of LR?

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

they will move about I've been told.

12. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Nice tank. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I think the LFS steered you wrong on the green bta. Your first post says this tank is now 3 weeks in?