Urgent Hurry my fish is sick!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by billyboy2, Feb 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billyboy2

billyboy2 Coral Banded Shrimp

Foxface looked like this when the lights came one and was hiding like never before. anyone know what sickness this is? not scratching at all...not eating as much. looks like the color on him is peeling off in spots!

Attached Files:

• sick.jpg
      sick.jpg
      File size:
      365.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Click Here!

3. ChrisBs

ChrisBs Purple Spiny Lobster

that fish has serious white spot man in the qt immediatly

4. ChrisBs

this stuff on the fin could also be this fungal thing not sure what its called but you gotta put antibiotics to get rid of it antibiotics that you cant buy in australia lol

5. Xiztence

Xiztence Gigas Clam

Looks like ick, Also looks like he was scratching himself on the rocks. If he is eating ok then just leave him in there.

6. ChrisBs

yeah not like you will b able to catch him and its in the tank now n e way

7. billyboy2

he is eating still..i doubt i'll catch it and if i do probably will cause more harm than good with all the added stress of catching the quick bugger...i'm sure it's not ich. their are sections on his side and belly (most noticible in the pict) that look like its skin is peeling and there is no color. if u can see the white markings on his face there is a big patch that looks scraped off there... my next question is if he's eating should treat him somehow? Can i treat in my DT? what would i use? truthfully all my fish are starting to act weird the only one visually showing problems is the foxface. the foxface when healthy i would always find all camo in the morning up high in the tank but lately its sleeping in a cave on the substrate.

8. Click Here!

9. billyboy2

ok is anyone out there able to help identify this? i am 100% positive its not ICH!

10. billyboy2

OK i just got home from school and upon inspecting my foxface i found he looks better! although that's a matter of opinion. the marks on his sides and face are alot less noticible...they have blended in with the color of the fish but are faintly there. i am worried that he looks better for now but will be worse tomorrow morning. I'm still hoping someone can tell me what he's got...it's not ICH

Attached Files:

• sick.jpg
      sick.jpg
      File size:
      365.5 KB
      Views:
  11. CupidofCrime

CupidofCrime Fire Worm

12. billyboy2

i doesn't look like that either.... today his sides look better but i noticed that his eyes look kinda cloudy :( would that indicate it's a bacterial infection?? I am about to go out and buy some maracyn-two but wanted to ask first.... my male clown is also showing similar symptoms and i don't want to loose all my fish! is this the right way to go about treating them?