Humu trigger or Undulate??

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by frogguy1, Mar 18, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. frogguy1

frogguy1 Plankton

What is the smallest a tank can be for a humu(Picasso) trigger? The reason I ask Is because I obviously want one. How fast do they grow? I have a empty 55g FOWLR setup, there are no fish. I know some people say no this isnt a good idea, but I know people do this without any problems. If this wouldnt work could I buy a Undulate Trigger. I plan on getting a bigger aquarium in a year or two. I just think these fish are amazing.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I had one in a 40 breeder. I think it would be fine in a 55 provided you had adequate filtration for such a pretty monster and fish that could live without it eating them.

If you ever kept it long enough to outgrow your tank, I'd be proud of you. It would take a while, and by then you'd want a bigger tank anyway.

I had mine with a lion fish and a tang and a couple other things. I didn't know as much back then (92!) and wouldn't put as much in a 40 now, but everybody was healthy. You can see pics in the link off the homepage.

I like those triggers too, Picassos aren't as crazy as a Niger Trigger, that's for sure. ;) :)