HR669 - a serious issue

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by My2heartboys, Apr 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

maybe i will quick question is absinthe legal up there?
    for those of you that dont know absinthe is a very tasty tasty alcoholic beverage. that was outlawed because winery's feared the competition during the temperance movement. the EU recently legalized its sale again, the US should too. perhaps i should have put that in my email too.lol

anyway i did my part

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

absinthe can be bought in ontario. just checked our liquor store site. 3 different brands.

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

awesome, im gonna have to take a trip up there to see if i like it. the disneyland tour of canada didnt do a good job of giving you a canadain expierence, it was like 15 mins of geese

5. divott

divott Giant Squid

lol, hawaii gives away leis , we give away geese. gotta take one home with you. plus a bottle of absinthe. theres an illinois distillery that makes one of the brands. north shore distillery. might be run by al capone jr or the third. lol

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I know what you were talking about, but I know them from Strange Brew. I just wanted an excuse to say "aboot" ;D

7. divott

divott Giant Squid

SIRÈNE ABSINTHE VERTE
    VINTAGES 109330 | 750 mL bottle

Price: $ 99.95
    Spirits, Liqueur,
    60.0% Alcohol/Vol.

Made in: Illinois, United States
    By: North Shore Distillery

Release Date: Apr 11, 2009

Description
    This attractive, olive-gold Sirène is a supremely refined example of über-trendy Absinthe. Traditionally prepared by melting a sugar cube through a slotted spoon by way of slowly dripping ice-cold water over the sugar, Absinthe can also be enjoyed in cocktails with, for instance, fresh citrus juice.

does that sound tasty or what? lol

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Absinthe is not illegal in the US as a whole, only in *most* states. We can get it here in NV, along with everything else ;) I jumped out of a 2-story window once after drinking 3/4 a bottle of that stuff in my "younger years" ::)

2 people like this.
  10. divott

divott Giant Squid

i had friends in nyc that kept makin fun of me sayin aboot , and eh. but just knowin strange brew deserves some k. lol

11. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

thats are crappy laws for you. its illegal to sell in the united states, not own and i guess make.
    atleast that what all the internet sites tell me i look to buy from
    there is a rip off absinthe going around lucid. which is legal to sell because it has no thujone. the guy that made it actually moved to france and bought a distillery to make real classic absinthe.

12. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

did not know that. how did you end up jumping about a window. 3/4 a bottle is alot enough alcohol to knock me out.