HR669 - a serious issue

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by My2heartboys, Apr 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. My2heartboys

My2heartboys Fire Worm

2. Click Here!

3. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

4. Berne

Berne 3reef Sponsor

I dont know how many of you are aware of this.. but you really need to pay attention to this one folks..

There is currently a bill thats going before our goverment HR669, aka the "NonNative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act". In a nutshell this bill will effectively ban the sale, transport & breeding of pretty much ALL of the animals we keep in our homes and call pets. Some examples include, but are not limited to Birds (parakeets, parrots, coniers), repitles (bearded dragons, gecko's), and most if not ALL species of tropical freshwater and saltwater fish and inverts.

Please take the time to watch the following Youtube Video YouTube - Pets in Peril (politicians gone wild) HR669
    and visit www.nohr669.com to take action. Your senators and congressional representatives need to hear from US - we the people - that they cannot take our pets away from homes that care due to the irresponsibility of the few. Your pets need YOU to speak for them. I've already sent my letter out and will be doing so regularily until the 23rd of this month when the subcomitte meeting is scheduled.

So please, take a few minutes, watch the youtube video, and then head over to nohr669.com and click to send a letter to your representative. It'll only take a few minutes of your time. This can effect us all.

Thanks for your time.

1 person likes this.
  5. divott

divott Giant Squid

lots of room fellow reefers up here in the great white north. come drink beer, eat donuts and some back bacon. become a hoser. lol koooooo looo koo koo koo koo kooo koooooooo, also you will have to change your name to bob or doug

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Here are some links Danny

This one is direct from congress:

H.R. 669: Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act (GovTrack.us)

Here are some others:

WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 669, The Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act

OpenCongress - U.S. Congress - H.R.669 Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

What are you talking aboot?

8. Click Here!

9. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

Thanks PackLeader...

10. divott

divott Giant Squid

dont know bob and doug mackenzie? rick moranis and dave thomas were them in second city. guess it didnt make it down to nevada. lol. thats there song. and please you have to take into account my brain is still frozen from winter.

11. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

For mammals, it is only including small mammals (which cats and dogs are not classified as). But it does include hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, those sorts of things.

12. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Ban one, ban them all. Just as stupid to ban a cat as it is a goldfish.:-/