How to trimm soft coral?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by surfrgirl61187, Aug 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

elegance corals are to nice in my opinion to take a chance throwing it next to aiptasia carpet anemones...Id take the aiptasia over a carpet! had a carpet once till it ate my mandarin that i spent countless hours training it on prepared foods. Since then i banned that thing from my reef! It was a beginners mistake awhile back :)

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Yes, I got a really pleasant feeling when I killed it by smearing kalk paste all over it :D

4. surfrgirl61187

surfrgirl61187 Skunk Shrimp

Thank you for that correction.. Someone once told me that it was a xenia, being new to this I believed them... So do you trim them the same way as the xenia by just clipping off the top..?

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep, same way. Here's an example of how tough this stuff is.
    YouTube - Fraggin Xenia
    I don't use the bridal mesh when I frag mine. Tangsters example of placing them into a cup with rock rubble is the way to go. Your kenya tree can be fragged the same way.

6. surfrgirl61187

surfrgirl61187 Skunk Shrimp

Wow thank you for that video...!! I am so pleased how quick people respond!! Their is so much knowledge on this board... I'm just a beginner, I hope some day I will be as good as you guys.. lol.. Thanks guys!!