How To Rid of Montipora Nudibranches ~Updated~

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Shackman23, Oct 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Thats what ive been hearing as well, but the only thing that they dont know is if they can get into the sand bed or deep within the rock, my problem is i have monti's for them to feed on so if they do come back, they will infact go after my others.. :-/

2. Click Here!

3. Shackman23

Well today polyps are fully extended on my purple digi but it looks like may have another monti that has been hit, and this guy is so small I may not be able to save him I will do my best ill keep this thread updated as promised

4. Shackman23

Just putting up a progress report so far so good no signs of the nudibranchs all is well so far digi is starting to encrust the plug!

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

actually they are pretty selective as to what ones they eat. there is a good chance they wont go after your others if they havent already.

also, this is why you quarantine

6. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

thats awesome, hope they continue to do well! Trust me, once you get nudibranchs, you will never not qt again!

7. Shackman23

I would assume they are leaving my other ones alone, so far i havent seen any of them iritated, but the problem is they can take awhile to show there faces again, hopefully i got them all and saved some of my monti's as far as quarantining, i dont have the space to put up another tank, even a 10g wouldnt be able to go anywhere otherwise i would be quarantining everything i bought, some dont have the luxury. When my house is finished building, and i get working on my other tank ill be using my 57g for the quarantine system and will be a stand alone setup