How to make the BF scream like a little girl.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Corailline, Jun 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

Yea, the ones we have can grow to be about 4 inches. They were imported in from Mexico to kill the Cicadas that come and go in Illinois. I remember one year, they (the Cicadas) were so bad covering the trees that is was hard to see the bark in some places.

Another cool thing about the Killer Cicadas are they burrow underground instead of living in a hive. That's how hubby got in trouble, he was weedeating and hit the nest.

It is really cool to see one flying through the air and snatching a Cicada (locust) up in flight.

2. Click Here!

3. CODEE111

Two more of our "alien species" are the Asian Carp and the Snakehead fish. The Snakehead tho most likely worked its way down from other rivers.

As boats cruise down the Illinois River, the Asian Carp will jump out of the water and into the boats many times causing boaters to come away bloody....and I'm not talking about 1 or 2 fish, they will pile in by the dozens...don't even need a hook and a line for those.

The snakehead fish have adapted themselves to both water and land and will walk out of one body of water to go look for another one with more of a food supply. There are many stories of campers being on the river and hearing a noice only to discover a 3 foot snakehead crawling (yes I said crawling) toward them.

There are even stories of them eating small dogs and trying to get children....don't know about all that...but I don't go into the river anymore.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yes introduction of foreign species is a very bad thing be it plant or animal. Introduction of a weed call Buffalo Grass here in AZ has proved to be horrible for both the native plants and a huge fire danger.

Because the region is sooo hot and dry, not a lot of animals can adapt. Western Starlings are not native and wipe out many nesting areas for our indigenous wild birds.

5. CODEE111

That's sad. They bring this stuff in and no one knows they are even there until there starts to be problems.

Then the people controlling it say..."not sure where we went wrong...let's bring in this to stop those...." it's a vicious cycle. We are destroying our wildlife.

I know when the kids were growing up, we lived on the Illinois every weekend, camping, fishing, cookouts,...now, you couldn't pay me enough to go there.

6. salt4me

salt4me Skunk Shrimp

Shouldnt have scared the bug, poor thing. Just wash his underware and dry them with insulation and watch him dig. Then ask what have you been doing. Now thats evil!!! oppps with a big "E".

7. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Gee clarkkey,

Those look pretty nasty, I think I will take Cicada, over any big flying wasp. I had no idea.

10. Corailline

And OMG on the flying Asian Carp.

11. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

One evening, when I was 18, I was closely studying a large black stink bug on my of my dads blueberry bushes. When all of a sudden, the stink bud shot me directly in the left eye with it's defensive cocktail of chemicals. It felt like molten lava burning through my eyeball, and for a few minutes I was seriously thinking that eye was toast. Managed to find a water hose and flushed it out for a 30 minutes.

I screamed like little girl.

12. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Except June Bugs. They always go for my hair. Always. All my life.
    Get 10 people standing around with a single June Bug & it will go for my hair.
    If you had really thick, long, naturally curly hair like mine that they can't get back out of, you'd understand my disdain for the June Bug LOL.