how to attach mushroom coral

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by artur, Feb 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

Hello. I always have problems when I want glue attach mushroom to a live rock. How you do it? I tried to tie it with rubber strap < the same kind they tie bags in fish stores> but after couple days mushroom breaks in half. Try glue them < not possible because of slime>. Heard some people put like mash over them and the live rock so with time they stick to live rock. Please let me know how you do it. Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

gel glue to the bottom and place on rock..you should see a little round nub(idk what to call it you will see on the bottom in the center) put gel glue and there and place on rock.

4. chappy85

chappy85 Coral Banded Shrimp

mushrooms and morphs are the same thing right?
    does having to glue them mean that you can safely get them off a rock to start with? just pull them?
    does it help if theyre bigger/smaller at all?

5. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Because Mushrooms are so slimy gluing them to rocks is not usually very successful, the usually just come off and float away to some remote location in your tank where you cannot see them, I know I have several of my favorite mushrooms in a cave where you have to look up under the rock to see them

Best way to mount mushrooms, Ricoridias and others like them is to put a small amount of CC or live rock chips in a small plastic bowel. I use the Glad bowels you can buy at the store and cut slots in it to allow for water transfer. Place the mushroom in the bowel and cover with something like Bridal Veil or the plastic netting that oranges come in, you can even use a plastic cover but you must cut slots in it to allow for water transfer, and place in your tanks or quarantine tank. Let it stay this way for several day or how ever long it takes for it to naturally adhere to some of the rock chips then glue the chips to you rocks or Frag plug.

Another good way of doing it is to place the mushroom on a piece of rock and wrap it with bridal veil and place rubber bands one the ends of the rock being careful not to put the rubber band over the mushroom or it will frag or cut it in half as you know, which is my preferred way of fragging them, doing it that way you get two mushrooms on the same piece of rock