How Often Do You Feed ?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by oceansurf, Jan 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

13 Fish, Feed them every day, 2-3x but very small amounts and variety to keep up with their grazing habbits.

2. Click Here!

3. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora

little piece of a cube 1-2 times a day

4. Rocheal

Rocheal Astrea Snail

I am very, very new to this but I have been feeding 2x/day in very small amounts. I only have a true perc clown and added a brittle star yesterday to clean up what has fallen to the floor.

5. acemow

acemow Purple Spiny Lobster

I feed my homemade mush 2X a day, with Selcon added every third feeding. I do this because of the feeding habits of my fish. I feed a small amount each feeding. In my nano, I put a very small amount in for two damsels and some coral, once in A.M. I isolate and target feed my sun coral between once a week and every ten days with a mix of SW, mysis, cyclopese and ZoPlan

6. Jake

Jake Sea Dragon

1 juvenile yellow tang, 2 clowns, 2 other damsels and 1 yellow watchman goby

I feed twice a day:
    1) Around 8am: I throw in 5-10 new life spectrum pellets twice. This is consumed in 5 seconds or less each time.
    2) Around 6pm: Very small pinch of spirulina flake food. This takes about 20 seconds to be consumed.

I also put in a veggy clip with a small leaf of spinach at 6pm and remove it before I go to sleep (usually around 75% gone).

I target feed the goby with a small piece of dried krill once or twice a week as it has trouble competing with the other fish.

7. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

livestock is in my sig...

i feed 1-3 times a day, normally morning is spirulina flake, afternoon some granule food and/or emerald entree, and at night veggies, sand eels (stingray) and freeze dried krill (eel)

i wouldnt feed so much normally but with base rock and a young tank there is no algae for the rabbitfish to eat at and no pods for the blenny and such

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

once a day

i feed a mix of frozen brine mysis and bloodworms soaked in garlic, i cut a small slice off of each cube and slowly dumb the food in, i have the powerhead on feed mode and by the time the normal mode comes on nothing floats up so thats how i know i dont overfeed, when i first dump it in, it seems like a lot but my fish are pigs and eat it all

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

My 37 gallon w/ 6 fish: I feed twice a day, about 1 cube total of mysis or brine, and I mix in flakes, pellets and bloodworms.

My 90 gallon: Is a disaster right now, and only has two fish, so they don't eat much...but I do feed twice a day.

11. ccscscpc

ccscscpc Millepora

I feed 3x's a week, 1 cube, some dried seaweed.
    I have only 5 fish right now...couple of clowns, tang, 2 damsels.

I dont want to create a nitrate problem that is why I only feed 3x's a week!

12. hot_dr_papi21

hot_dr_papi21 Plankton

i feed seaweed soaked w/ garlic every other day, and pellets or brine w/ plyankton the oppiste days.