How often do i feed my lps

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Steven896s, May 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Steven896s

Steven896s Bristle Worm

I have a big clean up crew skimmer and refugium so nitrates arent going to be a problem whats the best for maximum growth once a day or what and is freeze dried mysis shrimp as good as frozen thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Fisk

Fisk Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I target feed my LPS cyclop-eeze every 3 days. They also catch some mysis when I feed my fish. I leave the rest up to the lighting.

4. PierceEye

PierceEye Aiptasia Anemone

I use frozen would not use freeze dried
    I also let my frozen foods thaw in a small plastic cup and then I drain off 90% of the liquid before I feed

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

what type of LPS are you feeding? I feed different types of food to different types of LPS

6. papareef

papareef Feather Duster

Never..all my corals get light and grow like weeds.Some say if you feed them,they grow faster.Had 2 heads of frogspawn..a year later i have at least 30

7. yvr

yvr Skunk Shrimp

I am a huge advocate of feeding my 180 gallon SPS/LPS reef. I target feed my LPS corals thawed and rinsed frozen mysis or New Era Marine Pellets 1x/week in the evenings when my main lights are off and the tentacles come out. I keep all my SPS corals well fed 2 times per week alternating with Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Phyton and TM Pro-Coral Zooton.

8. Click Here!

9. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

I've used cyclop-eeze and mysis on an alternating basis, but I target feed occasionally.

My success has come mostly from proper lighting and flow. I started off with a 2 bulb t5 and when I went to 4, my corals took off. Additionally, I added more flow to the tank and got even better polyp extension.

A lot of the time, my duncan and hammer will catch food floating around the tank. The only ones that I really consider needing to target feed are my acans/ favias.