how much to feed ???

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by rickman, Oct 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rickman

rickman Plankton

i think im gonna try so of them pellets.

2. Click Here!

3. rogersjw

rogersjw Skunk Shrimp

From what I've read in books and on here the key is to keep a variety. I switch mine between frozen, flakes, and pellets... They get to graze on copepods if they feel like it. And I soak in GHV and garlic a couple times a week.

I just feed them about 1/2 cube of mysis when I feed mysis. That's for an angel, 2 clowns, and a firefish... I feed it slowly over a few minutes to make sure they eat it all though. And I thaw in RO water and strain it through the brineshrimp net to keep out the unwanted freezing bi-products.

4. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I have a 55 gallon tank with
    1 Gold Band Maroon Clown
    I pajama Cardinal
    1 Blue Damsel
    1 Small Yellow Tang

(tons of corals) (sps lps softies and shrooms and sponges)

I feed about a half of a cube every other day some times every third day. I keep alot of phytoplankton in the tank with fuel and other vitamin supplements. Fish can do good even fed every other day. Just grow slower.

5. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Sounds right. That is simmular to what I have and what I feed. I have slightly larger and about the same livestock. My water too ususally is one par quality. Fighting the water from going away for a month but when I am around its spot on.