How much stress is lethal?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Brandon1023, Apr 11, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

A week ago I completely dismantled my tanks' rockwork in order to capture my hateful velvet damsel. I took that opportunity to rearrange the rocks the way I saw them in another tank and liked a LOT. Well since then, my anemone has been on the move move move! He roams, chills for a day, roams, chills for a day, all the while forcing me to move around my corals to keep the anemone from killing them. Just today it came into contact with my hammer coral, and got into a mini war. Neither are worse for wear, but I had to move the hammer AGAIN. The hammer didn't seem to be stressed to death, nor does my colt (which I've moved several times because of this), and nor does my L.T. Plate (also moved around a couple times). The anemone has come into contact with the plate and hammer, and got VERY close to the colt. I know all this moving around stresses the corals do some degree, but should I be worried about stressing them to death? Every time I think the anemone has found its happy place, it moves again. I think thats because it has been mostly staying out of the light, and now finally it is poised in the perfect spot to receive TONS of light and a decent flow. So I'm hoping it has finally found its home. But if not (fingers crossed) how much more can the corals take? I feel like they will either be killed by the anemone, or by me trying to "save" them from the anemone! :-[ :worried: :-/ :( :confused: :mad:

2. Click Here!

3. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

I think if you move the corals try to put them at same level that they were before so they could receive the same amount of light and water flow that they are used to getting. They might become stress if they go from the top of the tank where they're use to the strong light then go to the bottom or the middle of the tank where the lighting and water flow is different. I could be wrong, its just an idea.