how many fire shrimp?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by brandonzbradley, Apr 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. brandonzbradley

brandonzbradley Astrea Snail

I'm just starting out my 55 gallon reef tank and I bought a blood red fire shrimp today. However the fire is the only shrimp i have in the tank at the moment and wanted to buy more, but can I have more then 1 fire? Also please suggest any other kinds of shrimp that will get along with most fish and shrimp.

If anyone has any other helpful information about reef tanks that might come in handy about this please share or link me something ;) My tank looks great, right now. this is the second day and the water is crystal clear, salt level is perfect along with the everything on the test kit.

2. Click Here!

3. zeo

zeo Bristle Worm

once your tank finished cycling process and all parameters is fine you're free to add as much as you want but new tanks faces a lot of water chemistry changes and need a couple months to be stable so be patient to avoid any losses ..

4. tinnghe

tinnghe Purple Spiny Lobster

I started out with 8 shrimps 4 fires and 4 skunk. They started killing each other for territory. After 3 months I have 2 of each left. They were always in their own spots. That was with a 150. When I switched over to my 50 I got 2. One ended up killing the other. So I came to the conclusion that they require around 50 gallons of water and at least a 1'x2 section.