How mad should I be?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by special juice, Mar 10, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. special juice

special juice Feather Duster

This past Saturday, I came home from working all day. My wife was out with friends. I went down to my basement to do regular maintenance and feeding on my 240g to find a ceramic sculpture of a bear in a canoe nestled between two rocks in the tank. I was livid! It turns out that my step-dad who is a practical joker bought the bear and talked my wife into sinking it in my tank while I was away. He claims that he boiled it twice to make sure it was clean. When my wife got home that evening, I made it clear that I didn't see the humor in their prank and I explained how the water quality could easily be comprimised. Five minutes later, my step-dad called and asked "Did you find the plastic dinosaurs in the 18 gallon tank?" I was extra ticked when I walked in the living-room and saw my pistol shrimp trying to pick a fight with a t-rex.
    I don't think any harm was done and I have calmed down. My wife promises to never put foreign objects in the tanks again.
    photo.jpg

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

well, since no harm was done and your jokers have vowed not to do it again, I'd try and find the humor in the pistol and t-rex battle :)

1 person likes this.
  4. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

toys in the tank? thats a paddlin'!

5. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I'd divorce both of them.

1 person likes this.
  6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

:yelrotflm

I can only shake my head. Why an adult would even consider doing something like that. The step dad well he can plead ignorance since he does not know the money and time and hard work you've put into those tanks.

The wife, well I just do not know what to say. In a diplomatic way I would make it clear that something like that should never happen again on her watch, and then let it go.

7. special juice

special juice Feather Duster

My wife behaved like I would expect from my one year old. I am surprised that she helped carry out this terrible act. She feels bad and I'm over it so it's all good. We have been married for 15 years so this is just a small bump in the road.

8. Click Here!

9. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

well I would be flouring her a@# after the next shower ha ha.
    The father in law would have to get the water and flour job.. fair is fair in luv and war

10. Flyguysc

Flyguysc Astrea Snail

Maybe you need to cycle your father in laws car with a couple dead shrimp placed under the car seat. Cut the wife some slack she cooks your food. ;D

11. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Revenge!
    But seriously. It's kind of funny. At least you have fun people around you. Give'm some grief and education.

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Dude, no harm done, don't sweat the small stuff.

Don't ask me how I know this.