how long will it take to regrow??

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Gexx, Oct 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It really depends on your lighting spectrum, water conditions and the coral itself. The heads will slowly get oblong, then slowly separate until you have two.

2. Click Here!

3. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

ok so we have a MASSIVE amount of tentacles from this thing now!!! i think it might split/branch/get hit with a rock soon as it is really streached out now.

4. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Some grow faster than others. It took 2 years for mine to go from a single head to currently 7 splitting heads. However, the first 9 months they were under a measily 2 x 54 watt T5 in a 75 gallon tank. Now they are under 4 x 24 watt at the top of a 20 long.

5. scooter-2505

scooter-2505 Fire Worm

I've had my frogspawn for maybe two months and it has two wart looking things on the back of the stem. They are growing everyday and seem to have about eight tentacles on each one. So I'm assuming that is what is happening with mine. I'm sure like everythingelse some are different and do their own thing in their own time.

6. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

yea my water parameters arent perfect. we only have problems with nitrates (DARN THEM!!!!). we dont have any ammonia and nitrites so i just need more rock and skimmer (no money...) but it does seem to grow everyday. thanks to all that have replied so far!!! keep them coming!!!

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Yep, that happens too. These are going to be new polyps.