How long 'till the ich is gone??

Discussion in 'Fish Disease' started by DJISIS, Aug 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DJISIS

DJISIS Astrea Snail

I brought it down to 1.020- 1.021.. Whad do ya think??

2. Click Here!

3. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

I think that's fine, not really hypo-salinity yet (1.016 would be more like it). I would just rely on the copper to do the job and leave the salinity where it is, for now. You'll need to bring the salinity back up, equal to the display tank's salinity, at a slow rate. I would suggest you use the last week that the CB is in the quarantine tank to raise the salinity up to the display tank's value. You can drop salinity fairly quickly, but you can't raise it too quickly without seriously stressing the fish.

1 person likes this.
  4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I am in agreement. When you raise the SG, I would not do it more than .001 per day. The hypo-salinity mark is right on. 1.016 would be the target if you decide to do it. You can go down .002 per day, so it would be a two day transition from 1.020.

However, if the copper is working, stick with that. Hypo-salinity is considered an aggressive form of treatment. I wouldn't use it unless you have a real nasty, resistant case.

Keep us posted.......John.

5. Petunia760

Petunia760 Astrea Snail

Why not try a FW dip? It's always worked for me...In my experience though, Coral Beauties are prone to Ich...

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

This is correct. The life cycle is about 4 weeks. Some people wait an extra couple of weeks to make sure.