How high should I go

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Coastie Reefer, Jun 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

I'm slowly getting things together for a 40b build. I'm probably going to end up building a very simply stand as you can't buy them anywhere! So my question to all of you is how high should it be? I'd like to not have to bend over to look in it or at least not have to hunch all over to see under top rim. My 29g is on about a 28" stand and my clowns hang out at the top and I never see them unless I get on my knees or pull up a chair from the dining room table. Are there any issues with taller stands, like stability issues? What is considered a max safe height. I live in FL so we only have tremors and quakes once every 75-100 years LOL. Hurricanes....that's a different story :)

2. Click Here!

3. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

You can build high my friend. I have my standard tank stand built onto a 6 inch base I added to the stand. I also have a friend that built his stand 38 inches high and his tank is 24 inches tall. you can stand and not bend over at all...it's awesome!

4. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

5. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora