How Do You Soak Your Fish Food?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by ryanwolf, Jun 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheShavedBird

TheShavedBird Plankton

And if youre feeding them frozen shrimp cubes just stick the cube in front of the powerhead and it will spread throughout with it not sinking

2. Click Here!

3. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

I just get a little tank water in a shot glass--plop the 1/2 cube in there until it defrosts. I then wad up a paper towel and dip it into the shot glass (The shrimp will separate and sink to the bottom) suck up the excess water. I then add the garlic-Zoe-Selcon etc. Let it sit for about 5 min. Then I slowly dunk the shot glass into the tank to let some water in to mix. Feed in 3 small pours.

4. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

resurected from the dead(its a good read if you dont know)

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

The homemade blunder mush already has has been rinsed (when it was made) and dosed with Vita-Chem or Selcon or Voracity or Brightwell AminOmega so I just thaw in tank water and dump it in. It's the same way with Rod's food. For the other frozen foods, I thaw in a dixie cup and usually drain and then I may or may not add vitamins and HUFA's. (For instance PE Mysis has more vitamins and HUFA's then their competitors so I don't feel the need to supplement). If I'm feeding ORA glow, there's a lot of HUFA's in that so I rarely soak that in vitamins/HUFA's either. For other brands of flake or pellet, I just put it in the dixie cup and put a couple of drops of vitamin/HUFA on it, wait 5 minutes, add some tank water for 1 minute and then pour it all in. I don't even soak these all the time. I help them to retain their vitamins and HUFA by storing them in the fridge/freezer and never allowing moist fingers to touch the food.