How do you feed your duncan

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by jmc2009209, Jan 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jmc2009209

jmc2009209 Flamingo Tongue

Hey i have a piece of 15+ duncan heads, They are beautiful. I've never learn how to feed them but i only feed my corals with the same type of food, Oyster liquid that i bought from the store. Any how couple months back when i had my smaller tank i was cleaning it, My duncan was swallowing up my feather worm. LOL, I was likg W T F that thing fits in a duncan mouth, LOL so i took the worm out it was dead meant. Anyways how do i feed duncans.

2. Click Here!

3. Stonefish13

Stonefish13 Flamingo Tongue

it's easy. Either use a turkey baster and squirt food over the polyps or use tweezers or tongs and feed each head. I feed mine all types of meaty foods.

4. map95003

map95003 Bubble Tip Anemone

I feed my tank frozen mysis and cyclopeez a few times a week. I don't target feed any of my corals, they pickup whatever they can in the current. I tried feeding my duncans a few times but the shrimps always seem to fight them for food when I target feed so I stopped and and I didn't see any difference in growth rate or colors.

5. jrwoltman

jrwoltman Skunk Shrimp

About once every two weeks, I target feed my duncan and the rest of my eating corals with a mixture of MarineSnow, Rod's Food, and tank water, with a turkey baster and at night. They close right up when you squirt food into their mouths. It works great for me and they seem to be happy, happy afterwards. If my any of my shrimp go near them, they get a blast of water from the baster themselves. Good luck.

By the way, 15 head duncan, very nice :).

Jim

6. jmc2009209

jmc2009209 Flamingo Tongue

Actually it grew Two small heads, I never notice till now. LOL

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

During feeding time I squirt a bunch of mysis at my duncans. They grab some pieces and my fish get the extra! Works well.

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I put a few cubes of squid and mysis in a syringe and squirt it into the group of heads.