How do I set this wet/dry filter up?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by radgto, Jan 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Stonefish13

Stonefish13 Flamingo Tongue

If you put the skimmer underneath the drip plate then the collection cup would fill up and even if it didn't you would have to basically shut your filter off every time you needed to empty the collection cup because you'd have to take the top off the filter to get to it. It seems like quite a hassle but you never know it might work. I still wouldn't try to put the sand on the other side because it would be awfully shallow and you run the risk of the return pump sucking the sand, cheat, and pods up too. I think it would be best to set up a separate fuge.

2. Click Here!

3. radgto

radgto Astrea Snail

After much more reading, I am just going to scrap that wet dry and build a DIY refugium out of a 55gal and stick it in the cabinet base. I think the wet dry would work out nice for now but I'd end up changing it later and I swore it I ever got into doing another large tank I'd just do it right before I ever put a drop of water into it.

Thanks for the help.

4. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Nice. Ya it would have worked for now, but props for biting the bullet straight off.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1