How do i know if my sand is dead

Discussion in 'Sand' started by kimberly, May 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kimberly

kimberly Astrea Snail

kimberly

thanks but got to go for now we are having an awful storm here. still dont know about stickies

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

4. VooDoo

VooDoo Fire Shrimp

I'm sorry but I just have to say that this has been a painful thread to read

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

When I first started a saltwater forum, I had never been on any forum. I had a lot of trouble navigating the forum. And I was actually shocked that some people left there social skills and kindness at the door, because of the anonymity the internet offers. After some rough starts I found 3reef, and really liked it because more of the members tended to add something positive to a thread, rather than snarky comments.

Basically if you have nothing to add of assistance, move along, or at least try to stay positive, please!!!!!! Not everyone is sw forum savy, so welcome them and teach them.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

My advice after reading this is...remove all the water, rocks and crushed coral. Start a new cycle with RO/DI water. Get new and better test kits then strips. Find another lfs, other than petco. Add the live rock and sand. Read, read, read as much as you can. Ask a bunch of questions.

7. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Kimberly,don't let a couple foul comments keep you from here,there are plenty of us that are willing to help you along.Each one of us was ALL newbies at one time too.3REEF in a whole is meant to be supportive and helpful of others,I personally enjoy helping others when I can,sort of like a payback for all those that helped me.Reading the links provided by Sushigirl and JJL will be very helpful to you and don't be afraid to ask questions on here out of fear of sounding stupid,thats how many of us learned.:)

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

There is a lot of great advise here. But unfortunately there is a lot of posts that are not helpful. For those that are not being helpful you are not representing 3Reef appropriately and I'd kindly ask you to stop posting in this thread. There are plenty of other threads you can post in.

For those who are here to Help. Thank you

J

1 person likes this.
  10. VooDoo

VooDoo Fire Shrimp

2in10, You are 100% correct. I have not said anything that was negative in the least. I am not intending on calling anyone names or pointing a finger. I am not trying to come down on anyone for there capabilities on a computer ether. I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would go through so much and not do homework first. It sucks to read posts about a tank getting nuked. I am sorry for the loss Kimberly had and I truly hope it all works out. I do agree that she should empty the tank and start new. I should have kept my mouth shut and I apologize to you Kimberly.

11. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Any updates on the tanks status???

12. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

3reef is a unique site, most everybody is very kind, informative, and understanding. theres only a few bad apples. but many other forums such as the reef tank and reef central when there is a brutal argument the mods just hop right in and act as imature as the posters. this forum has been my best experience with a forum yet.